Information about Losarpen Tablet
Uses / Indications: Losarpen Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. Decreasing high blood pressure lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Product composition:
- Losartan (50mg)
Interactions / Warnings: Taking Losartan with alcohol may excessively lower the blood pressure.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Losarpen Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- Losarpen can be taken with or without food but preferably be taken at the same time of the day. It is best to take the first dose before bed to reduce symptomatic hypotension. Losarpen may cause the level of potassium in blood to go up. Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli. Inform your doctor immediately if you have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing. Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Side Effects:
- Dizziness, Back pain, Sinus inflammation, Increased potassium level in blood.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Losarpen Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- How it works:
- Losarpen Tablet is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels, allowing the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently.
- Faq for medicine:
- Is Losarpen a blood thinner? : No, Losarpen is from a class of medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It works by blocking the action of certain natural substances that tighten the blood vessels, allowing the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently|Is Losarpen safe? : Losarpen is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor|Is losartan the same as losartan potassium? : Yes. Losartan is available in the market as losartan potassium. So, the salt form of losartan contains potassium, however, check the bottle before use|Is Losarpen generic? : Yes, it is the generic drug|Is losartan a water pill? : No, it belongs to a class of medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists|Is Losarpen gluten free? : Yes. Losarpen is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use|Does losartan contain potassium? : Losartan is available in the market as losartan potassium. So, the salt form of losartan contains potassium, however, check the bottle before use|Can I take losartan with Benadryl/atenolol/Xanax/Viagra/Nyquil/metoprolol? : Atenolol, metoprolol and Xanax may lower blood pressure when taken along with losartan. No clinically observed drug interaction is observed with Viagra, Nyquil, and alcohol. Please follow doctor’s advice regarding its use|Does Losarpen cause constipation/infrequent urination/ drowsiness/ headache/ itching/ cough/ lower heart rate? : Losarpen causes headache, drowsiness. Constipation, infrequent urination, itching, cough and low heart rate are not reported. Patient should fallow doctor’s advice regarding the possible side effects.
- Medicine interaction:
- Losarpen with Nadroparin|Losarpen with Ardeparin|Losarpen with Dalteparin|Losarpen with Bemiparin|Losarpen with Enoxaparin|Losarpen with Triamterene|Losarpen with Tacrolimus|Losarpen with Lithium|Losarpen with Eplerenone|Losarpen with Reviparin|Losarpen with Cyclosporine|Losarpen with Parnaparin|Losarpen with Tinzaparin|Losarpen with Heparin|Losarpen with Spironolactone|Losarpen with Rifampicin|Losarpen with Terazosin|Losarpen with Chlorthalidone|Losarpen with Torasemide|Losarpen with Digoxin|Losarpen with Naftopidil|Losarpen with Indapamide|Losarpen with Phenoxybenzamine|Losarpen with Furosemide|Losarpen with Doxazosin|Losarpen with Nimesulide|Losarpen with Metamizole / Dipyrone|Losarpen with Recombinant Human Erythropoietin Alfa / Epoetin Alfa|Losarpen with Metolazone|Losarpen with Aspirin|Losarpen with Prazosin|Losarpen with Oxyphenbutazone|Losarpen with Alfuzosin
Dilosar H Tablet
Theo Pharma Pvt Ltd
- Rs 19.25