Information about Losapil Tablet
Uses / Indications: Losapil Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. Decreasing high blood pressure lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Product composition:
- Losartan (50mg)
Interactions / Warnings: Taking Losartan with alcohol may excessively lower the blood pressure.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Losapil Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- Losapil can be taken with or without food but preferably be taken at the same time of the day. It is best to take the first dose before bed to reduce symptomatic hypotension. Losapil may cause the level of potassium in blood to go up. Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli. Inform your doctor immediately if you have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing. Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Side Effects:
- Dizziness, Back pain, Sinus inflammation, Increased potassium level in blood.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Losapil Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- How it works:
- Losapil Tablet is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels, allowing the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently.
- Faq for medicine:
- Is Losapil a blood thinner? : No, Losapil is from a class of medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It works by blocking the action of certain natural substances that tighten the blood vessels, allowing the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently|Is Losapil safe? : Losapil is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor|Is losartan the same as losartan potassium? : Yes. Losartan is available in the market as losartan potassium. So, the salt form of losartan contains potassium, however, check the bottle before use|Is Losapil generic? : Yes, it is the generic drug|Is losartan a water pill? : No, it belongs to a class of medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists|Is Losapil gluten free? : Yes. Losapil is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use|Does losartan contain potassium? : Losartan is available in the market as losartan potassium. So, the salt form of losartan contains potassium, however, check the bottle before use|Can I take losartan with Benadryl/atenolol/Xanax/Viagra/Nyquil/metoprolol? : Atenolol, metoprolol and Xanax may lower blood pressure when taken along with losartan. No clinically observed drug interaction is observed with Viagra, Nyquil, and alcohol. Please follow doctor’s advice regarding its use|Does Losapil cause constipation/infrequent urination/ drowsiness/ headache/ itching/ cough/ lower heart rate? : Losapil causes headache, drowsiness. Constipation, infrequent urination, itching, cough and low heart rate are not reported. Patient should fallow doctor’s advice regarding the possible side effects.
- Medicine interaction:
- Losapil with Tinzaparin|Losapil with Eplerenone|Losapil with Bemiparin|Losapil with Ardeparin|Losapil with Reviparin|Losapil with Parnaparin|Losapil with Cyclosporine|Losapil with Triamterene|Losapil with Heparin|Losapil with Nadroparin|Losapil with Lithium|Losapil with Dalteparin|Losapil with Rifampicin|Losapil with Tacrolimus|Losapil with Enoxaparin|Losapil with Spironolactone|Losapil with Prazosin|Losapil with Furosemide|Losapil with Alfuzosin|Losapil with Aspirin|Losapil with Nimesulide|Losapil with Phenoxybenzamine|Losapil with Naftopidil|Losapil with Chlorthalidone|Losapil with Recombinant Human Erythropoietin Alfa / Epoetin Alfa|Losapil with Oxyphenbutazone|Losapil with Digoxin|Losapil with Torasemide|Losapil with Metolazone|Losapil with Metamizole / Dipyrone|Losapil with Indapamide|Losapil with Terazosin|Losapil with Doxazosin
Dilosar H Tablet
Theo Pharma Pvt Ltd
- Rs 19.25