Information about Etela H 40 mg/12.5 mg Tablet
Uses / Indications: Etela H 40 mg/12.5 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
- Product composition:
- Telmisartan (40mg), Hydrochlorothiazide (12.5mg)
Interactions / Warnings: Taking Hydrochlorothiazide with alcohol may have additive effects in lowering blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Etela H 40 mg/12.5 mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
- Side Effects:
- Dizziness, Altered blood lipids.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Etela H 40 mg/12.5 mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- How it works:
- Etela H 40 mg/12.5 mg Tablet is a combination of two medicines: Telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide which lower blood pressure effectively. Telmisartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels. This allows the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.