Information about Zomelis 50mg Tablet
Uses / Indications: Zomelis 50mg Tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. It is used in addition to diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
- Product composition:
- Vildagliptin (50mg)
Interactions / Warnings: Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Zomelis 50mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- Zomelis helps to control high blood sugar level and avoid long-term complications of diabetes. Zomelis can be taken with or without food. Monitor your blood sugar regularly. Chances of weight gain and low blood sugar are lesser as compared to other diabetes medicines. Inform your doctor immediately if you have severe stomach pain, nausea, and/or vomiting. These could be symptoms of pancreatitis. Inform your doctor immediately if you have severe joint pain.
- Side Effects:
- Headache, Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea, Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the throat and nasal passages), Upper respiratory tract infection.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Zomelis 50mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- How it works:
- Zomelis 50mg Tablet is an anti-diabetic medication. It works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas and decreasing the hormones that raise blood sugar levels. This reduces the fasting and postmeal sugar levels.
- Faq for medicine:
- What is Zomelis? : Zomelis is an oral antidiabetic drug which belongs to the group of dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP-4) inhibitors. It lowers the blood sugar levels by increasing the release of insulin and decreasing glucagon levels. It has a lesser risk of hypoglycemia compared to other drugs and does not cause weight gain.|Is Zomelis safe to use? : Zomelis is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor. However, there are some common side effects that you can experience with the dose advised, like a headache, hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar level) when used with insulin or sulphonylurea, upper respiratory tract infection and nasopharyngitis.|Does Zomelis cause weight gain? : No, Zomelis is not known to cause either weight gain or weight loss. Weight gain can happen when Zomelis is used with other antidiabetic medicines like thiazolidinediones, sulfonylureas or insulin.|Can I take Zomelis with insulin? : Yes, you can take Zomelis with insulin. Using them together can lower the insulin dose and decrease the risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels).|Does Zomelis cause hypoglycemia? : Zomelis can lower blood sugar level (hypoglycemia). It happens more often if you delay or miss your food, do more than routine exercise, drink alcohol or take other antidiabetic medicine along with. Be cautious of symptoms of hypoglycemia and always keep glucose tablets, honey or fruit juice with you. Regular monitoring of blood sugar levels is important |Can I take Zomelis with metformin? What is the benefit out of it? : Yes, Zomelis can be taken with metformin. It is a good add-on treatment if the blood sugars are very high even after taking metformin in maximum tolerated dose. However, consult the doctor before taking them together as a dose adjustment may be needed.|Can I take Zomelis with teneligliptin? : No, Zomelis should not be taken with teneligliptin. As both Zomelis and teneligliptin belong to the same class of drugs and a combination of these can cause an increase in the side effects especially pancreatitis.|Can I take Zomelis with gliclazide? : Yes, Zomelis and gliclazide can be taken together as it can help in better control of blood sugar levels. However, the risk of low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia) can increase. Consult your doctor as a dose adjustment of the two may be needed.|Does Zomelis cause cancer? : Zomelis belongs to the group of drugs called incretins which have been associated with pancreatic cancer in some clinical studies. However, a definite evidence is missing, so, it is advisable to talk to your doctor regarding the same.|Is this combination of Zomelis with voglibose beneficial? : Yes, a combined use of Zomelis and voglibose is seen to be more effective than either of the medicine alone. This helps in a better control of blood sugar levels without any increase in the side effects. However, Voglibose can also lower the blood levels of Zomelis, so a dose adjustment of the medicines may be needed.|Is it beneficial to use Zomelis with liraglutide? : No, it is not advisable to take Zomelis with Liraglutide. Both work by increasing the level of incretin hormones and can be expected to have a better efficacy however, there can be an increased risk of side effects like pancreatitis.|Would the results be better if I use Zomelis with pioglitazone? : Yes, a combined use of Zomelis and pioglitazone is seen to be more effective than either of the medicine alone. This helps in a better control of blood sugar levels without any increase in the side effects. |Can Zomelis be taken with digoxin? : Yes, Zomelis can be taken with digoxin. No drug-drug interactions or change in side effect profile is seen when they are used together.|How helpful is this combination of Zomelis with glimepiride? : Yes, Zomelis and glimepiride can be taken together as it can help in better control of blood sugar levels. However, the risk of low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia) can increase. Consult your doctor as a dose adjustment of the two may be needed.
- Medicine interaction:
- Zomelis with Lactase|Zomelis with Diacerein|Zomelis with Hydrocortisone|Zomelis with Clobetasol|Zomelis with Dexamethasone|Zomelis with Glucosamine|Zomelis with Dapoxetine|Zomelis with Nicotinic acid / Niacin|Zomelis with Triamcinolone|Zomelis with Chlorthalidone|Zomelis with Celiprolol|Zomelis with Deflazacort|Zomelis with Triamterene|Zomelis with Propranolol|Zomelis with Escitalopram|Zomelis with Metolazone|Zomelis with Rasagiline|Zomelis with Pancreatin|Zomelis with Methylprednisolone|Zomelis with Citalopram|Zomelis with Pindolol|Zomelis with Octreotide acetate|Zomelis with Glucosamine Sulfate Potassium Chloride|Zomelis with Clonidine|Zomelis with Spironolactone|Zomelis with Betamethasone|Zomelis with Paroxetine|Zomelis with Orlistat