Information about Oxitine 25mg Tablet CR
Uses / Indications: Oxitine 25mg Tablet CR is used in the treatment of depression, anxiety disorder, phobia, post traumatic stress disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Product composition:
- Paroxetine (25mg)
Interactions / Warnings: Oxitine 25mg Tablet CR may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Oxitine 25mg Tablet CR is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- It can take 2-3 weeks for Oxitine to start working. Do not stop treatment suddenly as this may cause a stomach upset, flu-like withdrawal symptoms and sleep disturbance. Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Oxitine, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness. If your doctor asks you to stop Oxitine, you should reduce the dose slowly over 4 weeks. The addiction/dependence potential of Oxitine is very less. You may develop anxiety during initiation of therapy.
- Side Effects:
- Nausea, Headache, Diarrhoea, Fatigue.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Oxitine 25mg Tablet CR may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- How it works:
- Oxitine 25mg Tablet CR is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressant. It works by increasing the levels of serotonin, a chemical messenger in the brain. This improves mood and physical symptoms in depression and relieves symptoms of panic and obsessive disorders.
- Faq for medicine:
- Is Oxitine available or sold over the counter? : No. Oxitine is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter|Is Oxitine safe? : Yes. Oxitine is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor|Is Oxitine a narcotic/controlled/addictive substance? : No. Oxitine is not a narcotic/controlled substance. However, it can cause addiction in some cases because of its effects on the brain|Is Oxitine the same as Xanax? : No. Oxitine is an anti-depressant while Xanax (alprazolam) is a sedative/anti-epileptic drug|Is Oxitine a MAOI/benzodiazepine/anti-depressant? : Oxitine is not a MAOI (mono-amino oxidase inhibitor) or a benzodiazepine. It is an anti-depressant|Does Oxitine cause headache : Yes. Oxitine may cause headache, weight loss, memory loss, hair loss or high blood pressure. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.
- Medicine interaction:
- Oxitine with Linezolid|Oxitine with Tizanidine|Oxitine with Reboxetine|Oxitine with Terfenadine|Oxitine with Moclobemide|Oxitine with Selegiline|Oxitine with Rasagiline|Oxitine with Sibutramine|Oxitine with Hyoscine butylbromide|Oxitine with Zuclopenthixol|Oxitine with Penfluridol|Oxitine with Celiprolol|Oxitine with Galantamine|Oxitine with Butorphanol|Oxitine with Fenoverine|Oxitine with Eletriptan|Oxitine with Darunavir|Oxitine with Iloperidone|Oxitine with Gliclazide|Oxitine with Bupropion|Oxitine with Fosphenytoin|Oxitine with Blonanserin|Oxitine with Carbamazepine|Oxitine with Imipramine|Oxitine with Pentazocine|Oxitine with Oxyphenonium|Oxitine with Cyclandelate|Oxitine with Glibenclamide|Oxitine with Haloperidol|Oxitine with Glimepiride|Oxitine with Glipizide|Oxitine with Pimozide|Oxitine with Oxazepam|Oxitine with Ethylmorphine|Oxitine with Phenytoin|Oxitine with Camylofin|Oxitine with Fentanyl|Oxitine with Asenapine|Oxitine with Indinavir|Oxitine with Exenatide|Oxitine with Paliperidone|Oxitine with Duloxetine|Oxitine with Amineptine
Parol 25mg Tablet
- Rs 110.00
Xodep 25mg Tablet CR
- Rs 118.80
Paro 25mg Tablet CR
D D Pharmaceuticals
- Rs 121.00
Paropex 25mg Tablet CR
- Rs 124.00