Information about Carvidex 6.25mg Tablet
Uses / Indications: Carvidex 6.25mg Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure, heart failure and chest pain (Angina).
- Product composition:
- Carvedilol (6.25mg)
Interactions / Warnings: Taking Carvedilol with alcohol may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Carvidex 6.25mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- May cause dizziness in the first few days. Check your blood pressure 1 week after starting Carvidex, and inform your doctor if it hasn't improved. May cause fatigue and erectile dysfunction. Can hide symptoms of low blood sugar. Be careful if you're diabetic. Should not be discontinued abruptly as it may increase the chances of a heart attack or other heart problems.
- Side Effects:
- Decreased blood pressure, Headache, Fatigue, Dizziness.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Carvidex 6.25mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
- How it works:
- Carvidex 6.25mg Tablet is an alpha and beta blocker. It works by slowing down the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels which makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood around the body.
- Faq for medicine:
- What is Carvidex? : Carvidex belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers.|How does Carvidex work? : Carvidex relaxes and widens the blood vessels, making it easier for a weak heart to pump blood at a slower rate and hence reducing the blood pressure and strain on your heart.|Does it treat high blood pressure? : Carvidex is used for the treatment of high blood pressure, angina (chest pain that occurs when the arteries that supply your heart with blood carrying oxygen are narrowed which causes less oxygen to reach your heart muscles (angina) and for heart failure (weakening of heart muscles).|Is Carvidex safe? : Carvidex is safe when taken at a dose for the duration as instructed by your doctor.|Does Carvidex cause hair loss? : Carvidex is not known to cause hair loss. Please inform the doctor about any new symptom that occurs after starting Carvidex.|Is Carvidex a blood thinner? : Carvidex belongs to a class of medication call beta-blockers. It is not a blood thinner.|Is Carvidex a statin? : No, Carvidex is not a statin. It belongs to a class of medication call beta-blockers.|Is Carvidex an Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) inhibitor? : No, Carvidex is not an Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It belongs to a class of medication call beta-blockers|Is Carvidex a diuretic? : No, Carvidex is not a diuretic. Carvidex belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers.|Does Carvidex cause swelling? : Swelling (fluid overload) has not been seen as a side effect of Carvidex. There could be an increase in the symptoms of heart failure like fluid overload (or swelling) after you start taking Carvidex. Please consult your doctor as it may worsen your underlying heart condition.|Is Carvidex a calcium channel blocker? : No, Carvidex is not a calcium channel blocker. Carvidex belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers.|Is Carvidex an anticoagulant? : No, Carvidex is not an anticoagulant. It belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers.|Is Carvidex a nitrate? : No, Carvidex is not a nitrate. Carvidex belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers.|Can I take Carvidex with lisinopril? : Carvidex and lisinopril both lower the blood pressure. Please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together.|Can I take Carvidex with sildenafil? : Carvidex and sildenafil may increase each other's effects. Please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together as there could be more side effects of taking the two medicines together.|Can I take Carvidex with hydrochlorothiazide? : Carvidex and hydrochlorothiazide both lower blood pressure. Also, Carvidex increases and hydrochlorothiazide decreases serum potassium. The effect of interaction is not clear, please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together.|Does Carvidex cause cough? : An increase in cough is has been reported as one of the side effects of Carvidex. Please consult your doctor in case you experience an increase in cough or you start experiencing cough after taking Carvidex.|Can I take Carvidex with ibuprofen? : Ibuprofen may decrease the blood pressure lowering effects of Carvidex due to water and sodium retention. Please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together.|Can I take Carvidex with paracetamol (acetaminophen)? : Paracetamol (acetaminophen) may decrease the blood pressure lowering effects of Carvidex due to water and sodium retention. Please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together.|Can I take Carvidex with naproxen? : Naproxen may decrease the blood pressure lowering effects of Carvidex due to water and sodium retention. Please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together.|Does Carvidex cause weight gain? : Yes, Carvidex can cause weight gain. Sometimes, the symptoms of your heart failure may worsen while taking Carvidex, particularly at the start of your treatment. This may result in increased symptoms (e.g. tiredness, shortness of breath) and signs of fluid retention (e.g. weight gain and swelling of the legs). Carvidex should always be taken after consultation with a doctor.|Does Carvidex cause erectile dysfunction? : Erectile dysfunction has been reported as an uncommon side effect of Carvidex. Please consult your doctor if you having the problem before the start of Carvidex or if you experience this side effect after the start treatment.|Does Carvidex lower heart rate? : Yes, Carvidex can lower heart rate especially if more than required dose is taken. Please consult your doctor in case you have taken an overdose Carvidex or you are experiencing this symptom while taking Carvidex.|Does Carvidex cause constipation? : Carvidex has not been reported to cause constipation. Please consult your doctor in case you experience constipation while taking Carvidex.|Does Carvidex have a diuretic substance in it? : No, Carvidex does not contain any diuretic substance in it. |Does Carvidex cause headaches? : A headache has been reported as one of the very common side effects of Carvidex. Please consult if you experience frequent headaches while taking Carvidex as the dose may need to be changed.|Is Carvidex an alpha blocker? : Carvidex is not an alpha blocker. It belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers.|Does Carvidex cause fatigue? : Fatigue has been reported as a very common side effect of Carvidex. Please talk to your doctor if you experience this symptom as your dose may need to be changed.|Does Carvidex cause dizziness? : Yes, Carvidex can cause dizziness as a side effect. It is a very common side effect associated with its use and will mainly occur at the start of the treatment. Kindly talk to your doctor if you experience this side effect, you may need to take some precautions.
- Medicine interaction:
- Carvidex with Glimepiride|Carvidex with Acarbose|Carvidex with Glibenclamide|Carvidex with Voglibose|Carvidex with Saroglitazar|Carvidex with Miglitol|Carvidex with Glipizide|Carvidex with Chlorpropamide|Carvidex with Tolbutamide|Carvidex with Gliclazide|Carvidex with Terazosin|Carvidex with Phenoxybenzamine|Carvidex with Naftopidil|Carvidex with Tamsulosin|Carvidex with Silodosin|Carvidex with Prazosin|Carvidex with Alfuzosin|Carvidex with Doxazosin
Caditone 6.25mg Tablet
- Rs 12.00
Carvistar 6.25mg Tablet
- Rs 29.10