Information about Parogen 25mg Tablet CR
Uses / Indications: Parogen 25mg Tablet CR is used in the treatment of depression, anxiety disorder, phobia, post traumatic stress disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Product composition:
- Paroxetine (25mg)
Interactions / Warnings: Parogen 25mg Tablet CR may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Parogen 25mg Tablet CR is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- It can take 2-3 weeks for Parogen to start working. Do not stop treatment suddenly as this may cause a stomach upset, flu-like withdrawal symptoms and sleep disturbance. Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Parogen, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness. If your doctor asks you to stop Parogen, you should reduce the dose slowly over 4 weeks. The addiction/dependence potential of Parogen is very less. You may develop anxiety during initiation of therapy.
- Side Effects:
- Nausea, Headache, Diarrhoea, Fatigue.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Parogen 25mg Tablet CR may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- How it works:
- Parogen 25mg Tablet CR is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressant. It works by increasing the levels of serotonin, a chemical messenger in the brain. This improves mood and physical symptoms in depression and relieves symptoms of panic and obsessive disorders.
- Faq for medicine:
- Is Parogen available or sold over the counter? : No. Parogen is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter|Is Parogen safe? : Yes. Parogen is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor|Is Parogen a narcotic/controlled/addictive substance? : No. Parogen is not a narcotic/controlled substance. However, it can cause addiction in some cases because of its effects on the brain|Is Parogen the same as Xanax? : No. Parogen is an anti-depressant while Xanax (alprazolam) is a sedative/anti-epileptic drug|Is Parogen a MAOI/benzodiazepine/anti-depressant? : Parogen is not a MAOI (mono-amino oxidase inhibitor) or a benzodiazepine. It is an anti-depressant|Does Parogen cause headache : Yes. Parogen may cause headache, weight loss, memory loss, hair loss or high blood pressure. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.
- Medicine interaction:
- Parogen with Selegiline|Parogen with Linezolid|Parogen with Rasagiline|Parogen with Moclobemide|Parogen with Tizanidine|Parogen with Sibutramine|Parogen with Reboxetine|Parogen with Terfenadine|Parogen with Glimepiride|Parogen with Butorphanol|Parogen with Duloxetine|Parogen with Fenoverine|Parogen with Zuclopenthixol|Parogen with Indinavir|Parogen with Cyclandelate|Parogen with Fentanyl|Parogen with Haloperidol|Parogen with Celiprolol|Parogen with Iloperidone|Parogen with Hyoscine butylbromide|Parogen with Asenapine|Parogen with Glipizide|Parogen with Bupropion|Parogen with Exenatide|Parogen with Pimozide|Parogen with Eletriptan|Parogen with Amineptine|Parogen with Oxazepam|Parogen with Glibenclamide|Parogen with Paliperidone|Parogen with Imipramine|Parogen with Gliclazide|Parogen with Pentazocine|Parogen with Camylofin|Parogen with Blonanserin|Parogen with Oxyphenonium|Parogen with Ethylmorphine|Parogen with Carbamazepine|Parogen with Penfluridol|Parogen with Darunavir|Parogen with Galantamine|Parogen with Phenytoin|Parogen with Fosphenytoin
Parol 25mg Tablet
- Rs 110.00
Xodep 25mg Tablet CR
- Rs 118.80
Oxitine 25mg Tablet CR
- Rs 119.00
Paro 25mg Tablet CR
D D Pharmaceuticals
- Rs 121.00
Paropex 25mg Tablet CR
- Rs 124.00