Information about Confez - 3 Combipack
Uses / Indications: Confez - 3 Combipack is used in the treatment of tuberculosis.
- Product composition:
- Isoniazid (300mg), Rifampicin (450mg), Ethambutol (800mg), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) (10mg)
Interactions / Warnings: Confez - 3 Combipack may cause symptoms such as flushing, increased heartbeat, nausea, thirst, chest pain and low blood pressure with alcohol (Disulfiram reactions).
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Confez - 3 Combipack may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Side Effects:
- Nausea, Vomiting, Rash, Fever, Dark colored urine, Sweating, Increased sputum production, Salivation, Teary eyes, Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand), Increased liver enzymes, Jaundice, Increased uric acid level in blood, Gout, Visual impairment.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Confez - 3 Combipack is to be taken empty stomach.
- How it works:
- Confez - 3 Combipack is a combination of four medicines: Isoniazid, rifampicin, ethambutol and vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) which treat tuberculosis (TB). Isoniazid prevents the TB bacteria from forming their own protective covering while rifampicin works by inactivating a bacterial enzyme (RNA-polymerase) which is required by these bacteria to make essential proteins and to reproduce. Together, they kill the bacteria and eradicate the infection. Ethambutol, on the other hand works by slowing the growth of these bacteria. Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) is added to prevent nerve damage which may be a side effect of isoniazid.