Information about Zomelis Met 50mg/500mg Tablet
Uses / Indications: Zomelis Met 50mg/500mg Tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
- Product composition:
- Metformin (500mg), Vildagliptin (50mg)
Interactions / Warnings: Taking metformin with alcohol can cause lactic acidosis and you may experience malaise, respiratory distress, slow or irregular heartbeat, sleepiness, stomach upset, or other unusual symptoms.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Zomelis Met 50mg/500mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Side Effects:
- Nausea, Diarrhoea, Vomiting, Stomach upset, Headache, Nasal congestion, Sore throat, Respiratory tract infection, Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar level) in combination with insulin or sulphonylurea.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Zomelis Met 50mg/500mg Tablet is to be taken with food.Zomelis Met 50mg/500mg Tablet may cause stomach upset if taken on empty stomach.
- How it works:
- Zomelis Met 50mg/500mg Tablet is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Metformin and Vildagliptin. Metformin is an anti-diabetic medication (biguanide). It works by lowering glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from intestines and increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin. Vildagliptin is a DPP-4 inhibitor which works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas and decreasing the hormones that raise blood sugar levels. This reduces both fasting and postmeal sugar levels. Together, they provide better control of blood sugar.