Information about Tugain 10% Solution
Uses / Indications: Tugain 10% Solution is used in the treatment of hair loss. It is most effective in treating hereditary hair loss or thinning at the top of the scalp, not in front.
- Product composition:
- Minoxidil Topical (10% w/v)
Interactions / Warnings: No interaction found
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Tugain 10% Solution may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- It should only be applied directly to the scalp area. If Tugain accidentally comes in contact with your eyes, nose or mouth, flush the area thoroughly with cool tap water. Wash your hands before and after application. Do not shampoo your hair for 4 hours after applying Tugain or use hairdryer as it can reduce the effectiveness of the medicine. During the first 2 weeks of application, your hair fall may increase. This is normal and is a sign that Tugain is working. Take care that Tugain does not trickle down onto your face as it may cause undesirable facial hair growth. The amount of hair regrowth is different for each person. Tugain may not work for everyone.
- Side Effects:
- Headache, Skin rash, Dermatitis, Abnormal hair growth on a women face and body, Allergic reaction.
- How to use:
- Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use.
- How it works:
- Tugain 10% Solution is a vasodilator, meaning it widens the blood vessels and provides better blood flow to the hair follicles. This prevents hair loss and stimulates re-growth resulting in longer, thicker and increased numbers of hair.
- Faq for medicine:
- How long should I continue to use Tugain? : Using Tugain would be a continuous process as your herditary hair loss is a life long condition. Apply it twice a day, every day or as advised by your doctor.|Can I apply Tugain to wet hair? : No, application of Tugain to wet hair is not suggested. Let your hair dry completely before applying Tugain.|How frequent can I wash my hair daily with shampoo while I am also applying Tugain? : You can wash your hair every day with shampoo even if you are using Tugain. However, do not shampoo for at least four hours after applying this medicine as it would need this much time to get completely absorbed into your scalp.|Is Tugain effective for hair growth/regrowth? : Yes, Tugain is effective in hair growth/regrowth for patients with hereditary hair loss. However, each patient may respond differently to minoxidil treatment for hair growth.|Does Tugain stimulate the growth of a beard? : Use of Tugain for the growth of a beard is not indicated. It is used only on the scalp for hair growth in patients with a family history of hair loss. |Does Tugain cause acne? : Tugain may cause an acne-like rash in some individuals. This is an uncommon side effect associated with its use. It can also cause an itchy rash, blister, bleeding and ulceration.If you experience these side effects, stop using the medicine and inform your doctor.|Does exposure to the sun cause more thinning of my hair? : Exposure to the sun will not cause thinning of hair, but it is advised that you should protect your scalp from the sun with a cap or some cloth.|What type of shampoo should I use? : You should use a mild shampoo but it should be able to clean your scalp and not be hard on your hair.|Can I use hair spray or gel : Yes, you may use your regular hair spray or gel when using Tugain. However, apply Tugain first and let your hair dry before using other hair products. Try to keep a gap of 4 hours between the application of Tugain and other hair products.|How soon can I see results while using Tugain? : You can see results after 4 months of continuous use. This would also depend on the proper application and dosage as advised by your doctor. If you do not see any results after 4 months, talk to your doctor.|How should I apply Tugain ? : Before applying Tugain, your hair and scalp should be completely dry. Apply the amount of medicine as advised starting in the center of the area of scalp being treated and then move outside. Do not shampoo your hair for at least 4 hours after applying Tugain. Allow it to completely dry for 2 to 4 hours after applying it even if you are going to bed as it can stain clothing and can get transferred to the other areas of your body. Do not use a hair dryer to dry the scalp after applying Tugain. Hair drying may make the treatment less effective. Wash your hands to remove any medicine immediately after using this medicine.|How would I know that Tugain has started to work? : Few things that would help you know if this is working on your hair. During the first 2-3 weeks of use, there may be a temporary increase in hair fall, but this is fine as this indicates new growth cycle is beginning, and the new hairs are coming in place of older ones. However, this is temporary and will stop in next few weeks. However, results may vary from person to person. If hair loss continues after 2 weeks, stop using and inform your doctor.|What if I miss a dose of Tugain? : If you miss a dose of Tugain, just continue with your next regular dose, do not double up the dose. Missing a dose would not affect your hair growth.|How would my newly grown hair look like? : Hair growth in early weeks would be soft and fuzzy. Continued treatment will produce new hair similar to your other hair on the scalp.|What if I stop using Tugain once my hair are regrown? : If you stop using Tugain, the hair loss process will start again and you may lose your newly regrown hair within 3 to 4 months. So, it is advised to use Tugain on a continuous and regular basis.|What is the difference between Tugain and minoxidil oral? : Minoxidil (oral) is used for the treatment of severe hypertension (high blood pressure) not responding to other antihypertensive drugs whereas minoxidil (topical) is used in the treatment of alopecia (hair loss).|Is Tugain effective for frontal baldness? : Tugain is not indicated for the treatment of frontal baldness. It is effective in hair growth for patients with hair loss on the top of the scalp not on the front of the scalp.|Can I use my hair oil while using minoxidil? : You can use hair oil if you are using Tugain. But do not apply it before applying Tugain as your hair must be dry. Use hair oil four hours after applying the medicine as it takes this much time to get absorbed.|Is it safe to use topical minoxidil? : Yes, it is safe to use topical minoxidil for the treatment of hair loss (alopecia) when used as advised by the doctor. Read the instructions on the pack carefully before use.