Information about Carvedil 6.25mg Tablet
Uses / Indications: Carvedil 6.25mg Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure, heart failure and chest pain (Angina).
- Product composition:
- Carvedilol (6.25mg)
Interactions / Warnings: Taking Carvedilol with alcohol may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Carvedil 6.25mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- May cause dizziness in the first few days. Check your blood pressure 1 week after starting Carvedil, and inform your doctor if it hasn't improved. May cause fatigue and erectile dysfunction. Can hide symptoms of low blood sugar. Be careful if you're diabetic. Should not be discontinued abruptly as it may increase the chances of a heart attack or other heart problems.
- Side Effects:
- Decreased blood pressure, Headache, Fatigue, Dizziness.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Carvedil 6.25mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
- How it works:
- Carvedil 6.25mg Tablet is an alpha and beta blocker. It works by slowing down the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels which makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood around the body.
- Faq for medicine:
- What is Carvedil? : Carvedil belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers.|How does Carvedil work? : Carvedil relaxes and widens the blood vessels, making it easier for a weak heart to pump blood at a slower rate and hence reducing the blood pressure and strain on your heart.|Does it treat high blood pressure? : Carvedil is used for the treatment of high blood pressure, angina (chest pain that occurs when the arteries that supply your heart with blood carrying oxygen are narrowed which causes less oxygen to reach your heart muscles (angina) and for heart failure (weakening of heart muscles).|Is Carvedil safe? : Carvedil is safe when taken at a dose for the duration as instructed by your doctor.|Does Carvedil cause hair loss? : Carvedil is not known to cause hair loss. Please inform the doctor about any new symptom that occurs after starting Carvedil.|Is Carvedil a blood thinner? : Carvedil belongs to a class of medication call beta-blockers. It is not a blood thinner.|Is Carvedil a statin? : No, Carvedil is not a statin. It belongs to a class of medication call beta-blockers.|Is Carvedil an Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) inhibitor? : No, Carvedil is not an Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It belongs to a class of medication call beta-blockers|Is Carvedil a diuretic? : No, Carvedil is not a diuretic. Carvedil belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers.|Does Carvedil cause swelling? : Swelling (fluid overload) has not been seen as a side effect of Carvedil. There could be an increase in the symptoms of heart failure like fluid overload (or swelling) after you start taking Carvedil. Please consult your doctor as it may worsen your underlying heart condition.|Is Carvedil a calcium channel blocker? : No, Carvedil is not a calcium channel blocker. Carvedil belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers.|Is Carvedil an anticoagulant? : No, Carvedil is not an anticoagulant. It belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers.|Is Carvedil a nitrate? : No, Carvedil is not a nitrate. Carvedil belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers.|Can I take Carvedil with lisinopril? : Carvedil and lisinopril both lower the blood pressure. Please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together.|Can I take Carvedil with sildenafil? : Carvedil and sildenafil may increase each other's effects. Please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together as there could be more side effects of taking the two medicines together.|Can I take Carvedil with hydrochlorothiazide? : Carvedil and hydrochlorothiazide both lower blood pressure. Also, Carvedil increases and hydrochlorothiazide decreases serum potassium. The effect of interaction is not clear, please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together.|Does Carvedil cause cough? : An increase in cough is has been reported as one of the side effects of Carvedil. Please consult your doctor in case you experience an increase in cough or you start experiencing cough after taking Carvedil.|Can I take Carvedil with ibuprofen? : Ibuprofen may decrease the blood pressure lowering effects of Carvedil due to water and sodium retention. Please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together.|Can I take Carvedil with paracetamol (acetaminophen)? : Paracetamol (acetaminophen) may decrease the blood pressure lowering effects of Carvedil due to water and sodium retention. Please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together.|Can I take Carvedil with naproxen? : Naproxen may decrease the blood pressure lowering effects of Carvedil due to water and sodium retention. Please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together.|Does Carvedil cause weight gain? : Yes, Carvedil can cause weight gain. Sometimes, the symptoms of your heart failure may worsen while taking Carvedil, particularly at the start of your treatment. This may result in increased symptoms (e.g. tiredness, shortness of breath) and signs of fluid retention (e.g. weight gain and swelling of the legs). Carvedil should always be taken after consultation with a doctor.|Does Carvedil cause erectile dysfunction? : Erectile dysfunction has been reported as an uncommon side effect of Carvedil. Please consult your doctor if you having the problem before the start of Carvedil or if you experience this side effect after the start treatment.|Does Carvedil lower heart rate? : Yes, Carvedil can lower heart rate especially if more than required dose is taken. Please consult your doctor in case you have taken an overdose Carvedil or you are experiencing this symptom while taking Carvedil.|Does Carvedil cause constipation? : Carvedil has not been reported to cause constipation. Please consult your doctor in case you experience constipation while taking Carvedil.|Does Carvedil have a diuretic substance in it? : No, Carvedil does not contain any diuretic substance in it. |Does Carvedil cause headaches? : A headache has been reported as one of the very common side effects of Carvedil. Please consult if you experience frequent headaches while taking Carvedil as the dose may need to be changed.|Is Carvedil an alpha blocker? : Carvedil is not an alpha blocker. It belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers.|Does Carvedil cause fatigue? : Fatigue has been reported as a very common side effect of Carvedil. Please talk to your doctor if you experience this symptom as your dose may need to be changed.|Does Carvedil cause dizziness? : Yes, Carvedil can cause dizziness as a side effect. It is a very common side effect associated with its use and will mainly occur at the start of the treatment. Kindly talk to your doctor if you experience this side effect, you may need to take some precautions.
- Medicine interaction:
- Carvedil with Glibenclamide|Carvedil with Tolbutamide|Carvedil with Gliclazide|Carvedil with Saroglitazar|Carvedil with Chlorpropamide|Carvedil with Glimepiride|Carvedil with Acarbose|Carvedil with Glipizide|Carvedil with Miglitol|Carvedil with Voglibose|Carvedil with Tamsulosin|Carvedil with Doxazosin|Carvedil with Terazosin|Carvedil with Phenoxybenzamine|Carvedil with Naftopidil|Carvedil with Alfuzosin|Carvedil with Prazosin|Carvedil with Silodosin
Caditone 6.25mg Tablet
- Rs 12.00
Carvistar 6.25mg Tablet
- Rs 29.10