Information about Carezim 6.25mg Tablet
Uses / Indications: Carezim 6.25mg Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure, heart failure and chest pain (Angina).
- Product composition:
- Carvedilol (6.25mg)
Interactions / Warnings: Taking Carvedilol with alcohol may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Carezim 6.25mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- May cause dizziness in the first few days. Check your blood pressure 1 week after starting Carezim, and inform your doctor if it hasn't improved. May cause fatigue and erectile dysfunction. Can hide symptoms of low blood sugar. Be careful if you're diabetic. Should not be discontinued abruptly as it may increase the chances of a heart attack or other heart problems.
- Side Effects:
- Decreased blood pressure, Headache, Fatigue, Dizziness.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Carezim 6.25mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
- How it works:
- Carezim 6.25mg Tablet is an alpha and beta blocker. It works by slowing down the heart rate and relaxing blood vessels which makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood around the body.
- Faq for medicine:
- What is Carezim? : Carezim belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers.|How does Carezim work? : Carezim relaxes and widens the blood vessels, making it easier for a weak heart to pump blood at a slower rate and hence reducing the blood pressure and strain on your heart.|Does it treat high blood pressure? : Carezim is used for the treatment of high blood pressure, angina (chest pain that occurs when the arteries that supply your heart with blood carrying oxygen are narrowed which causes less oxygen to reach your heart muscles (angina) and for heart failure (weakening of heart muscles).|Is Carezim safe? : Carezim is safe when taken at a dose for the duration as instructed by your doctor.|Does Carezim cause hair loss? : Carezim is not known to cause hair loss. Please inform the doctor about any new symptom that occurs after starting Carezim.|Is Carezim a blood thinner? : Carezim belongs to a class of medication call beta-blockers. It is not a blood thinner.|Is Carezim a statin? : No, Carezim is not a statin. It belongs to a class of medication call beta-blockers.|Is Carezim an Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) inhibitor? : No, Carezim is not an Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It belongs to a class of medication call beta-blockers|Is Carezim a diuretic? : No, Carezim is not a diuretic. Carezim belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers.|Does Carezim cause swelling? : Swelling (fluid overload) has not been seen as a side effect of Carezim. There could be an increase in the symptoms of heart failure like fluid overload (or swelling) after you start taking Carezim. Please consult your doctor as it may worsen your underlying heart condition.|Is Carezim a calcium channel blocker? : No, Carezim is not a calcium channel blocker. Carezim belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers.|Is Carezim an anticoagulant? : No, Carezim is not an anticoagulant. It belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers.|Is Carezim a nitrate? : No, Carezim is not a nitrate. Carezim belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers.|Can I take Carezim with lisinopril? : Carezim and lisinopril both lower the blood pressure. Please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together.|Can I take Carezim with sildenafil? : Carezim and sildenafil may increase each other's effects. Please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together as there could be more side effects of taking the two medicines together.|Can I take Carezim with hydrochlorothiazide? : Carezim and hydrochlorothiazide both lower blood pressure. Also, Carezim increases and hydrochlorothiazide decreases serum potassium. The effect of interaction is not clear, please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together.|Does Carezim cause cough? : An increase in cough is has been reported as one of the side effects of Carezim. Please consult your doctor in case you experience an increase in cough or you start experiencing cough after taking Carezim.|Can I take Carezim with ibuprofen? : Ibuprofen may decrease the blood pressure lowering effects of Carezim due to water and sodium retention. Please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together.|Can I take Carezim with paracetamol (acetaminophen)? : Paracetamol (acetaminophen) may decrease the blood pressure lowering effects of Carezim due to water and sodium retention. Please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together.|Can I take Carezim with naproxen? : Naproxen may decrease the blood pressure lowering effects of Carezim due to water and sodium retention. Please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together.|Does Carezim cause weight gain? : Yes, Carezim can cause weight gain. Sometimes, the symptoms of your heart failure may worsen while taking Carezim, particularly at the start of your treatment. This may result in increased symptoms (e.g. tiredness, shortness of breath) and signs of fluid retention (e.g. weight gain and swelling of the legs). Carezim should always be taken after consultation with a doctor.|Does Carezim cause erectile dysfunction? : Erectile dysfunction has been reported as an uncommon side effect of Carezim. Please consult your doctor if you having the problem before the start of Carezim or if you experience this side effect after the start treatment.|Does Carezim lower heart rate? : Yes, Carezim can lower heart rate especially if more than required dose is taken. Please consult your doctor in case you have taken an overdose Carezim or you are experiencing this symptom while taking Carezim.|Does Carezim cause constipation? : Carezim has not been reported to cause constipation. Please consult your doctor in case you experience constipation while taking Carezim.|Does Carezim have a diuretic substance in it? : No, Carezim does not contain any diuretic substance in it. |Does Carezim cause headaches? : A headache has been reported as one of the very common side effects of Carezim. Please consult if you experience frequent headaches while taking Carezim as the dose may need to be changed.|Is Carezim an alpha blocker? : Carezim is not an alpha blocker. It belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers.|Does Carezim cause fatigue? : Fatigue has been reported as a very common side effect of Carezim. Please talk to your doctor if you experience this symptom as your dose may need to be changed.|Does Carezim cause dizziness? : Yes, Carezim can cause dizziness as a side effect. It is a very common side effect associated with its use and will mainly occur at the start of the treatment. Kindly talk to your doctor if you experience this side effect, you may need to take some precautions.
- Medicine interaction:
- Carezim with Chlorpropamide|Carezim with Voglibose|Carezim with Glibenclamide|Carezim with Saroglitazar|Carezim with Miglitol|Carezim with Gliclazide|Carezim with Glimepiride|Carezim with Acarbose|Carezim with Tolbutamide|Carezim with Glipizide|Carezim with Terazosin|Carezim with Tamsulosin|Carezim with Naftopidil|Carezim with Phenoxybenzamine|Carezim with Prazosin|Carezim with Doxazosin|Carezim with Alfuzosin|Carezim with Silodosin
Caditone 6.25mg Tablet
- Rs 12.00
Carvistar 6.25mg Tablet
- Rs 29.10