Information about Rimactazid E 40 mg/300 mg/800 mg Tablet
Uses / Indications: Rimactazid E 40 mg/300 mg/800 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of tuberculosis.
- Product composition:
- Rifampicin (40mg), Isoniazid (300mg), Ethambutol (800mg)
Interactions / Warnings: Rimactazid E 40 mg/300 mg/800 mg Tablet may cause symptoms such as flushing, increased heartbeat, nausea, thirst, chest pain and low blood pressure with alcohol (Disulfiram reactions).
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Rimactazid E 40 mg/300 mg/800 mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Side Effects:
- Nausea, Vomiting, Rash, Fever, Dark colored urine, Sweating, Increased sputum production, Salivation, Teary eyes, Increased liver enzymes, Jaundice, Visual impairment, Increased uric acid level in blood, Gout, Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand).
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Rimactazid E 40 mg/300 mg/800 mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.Avoid Rimactazid E 40 mg/300 mg/800 mg Tablet with tyramine-rich food such as cheese, smoked fish, meats and some types of beer.
- How it works:
- Rimactazid E 40 mg/300 mg/800 mg Tablet is a combination of three medicines: Rifampicin, isoniazid and ethambutol which treat tuberculosis. Rifampicin works by inactivating a bacterial enzyme (RNA-polymerase) which is required by TB bacteria to make essential proteins and to reproduce, while isoniazid prevents these bacteria from forming their own protective covering. Together, they kill the bacteria and eradicate the infection. Ethambutol, on the other hand works by slowing the growth of these bacteria.