Information about Rifaxigyl-M 200mg/400mg Tablet
Uses / Indications: Rifaxigyl-M 200mg/400mg Tablet is used in the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy.
- Product composition:
- Rifaximin (200mg), Metronidazole (400mg)
Interactions / Warnings: Rifaxigyl-M 200mg/400mg Tablet may cause symptoms such as flushing, increased heartbeat, nausea, thirst, chest pain and low blood pressure with alcohol (Disulfiram reactions).
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Rifaxigyl-M 200mg/400mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Side Effects:
- Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Stomach pain, Constipation, Dryness in mouth, Flatulence, Fever, Headache, Metallic taste, Dizziness, Abdominal distension, Tenesmus (Urge to defecate but little passage of stool), Difficulty in controlling bowel movements.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Rifaxigyl-M 200mg/400mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
- How it works:
- Rifaxigyl-M 200mg/400mg Tablet is a combination of two antibiotics: Rifaximin and Metronidazole.tRifaximin works by killing the ammonia-producing bacteria in the digestive tract which prevents hepatic encephalopathy from occurring again. Metronidazole kills the bacteria and other microorganisms that cause infections by damaging the DNA.