Information about Rifaset 400mg Tablet
Uses / Indications: Rifaset 400mg Tablet is used in irritable bowel syndrome and hepatic encephalopathy. It is also used in the treatment of travelers diarrhea.
- Product composition:
- Rifaximin (400mg)
Interactions / Warnings: Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Rifaset 400mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- While you are taking rifaximin, it may cause a reddish discolouration of the urine. This is quite normal. If you are using oral contraceptives take additional precautions while taking rifaximin. Oral contraceptives may not work as well when you are taking this medicine and/or when you have diarrhea. Rifaximin does not normally affect the ability to drive and use machines, but may cause dizziness in some patients. If you feel dizzy you should not drive or operate machinery. if you are pregnant or breast feeding speak to your doctor before starting the drug. To make sure rifaximin is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have: liver disease diarrhea with a fever watery or bloody diarrhea Treatment with any antibiotic including rifaximin may cause severe diarrhea. You should stop taking it and contact your doctor immediately. Diarrhea may even occur few months after the drug has been stopped.
- Side Effects:
- Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Headache, Flatulence, Bloating, Constipation.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Rifaset 400mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- How it works:
- Rifaset 400mg Tablet is an antibiotic. It works by killing the ammonia-producing bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract which reduces recurrence of hepatic encephalopathy.
- Faq for medicine:
- Is Rifaset an antibiotic? : Yes, Rifaset is an antibiotic that kills bacteria, which can cause a disease called hepatic encephalopathy (symptoms include agitation, confusion, muscle problems, difficulty in speaking and in some cases coma).|Can I take Rifaset with amoxicillin? : Rifaset can be taken with amoxicillin as no interactions have been reported between the two medicines. However, interactions may occur, please consult your doctor before taking the two medicines together.|Is Rifaset safe? : Yes, Rifaset is a safe medicine. However, it has its own side effects. It should always be taken for a prescribed duration in prescribed doses as advised by your doctor.|Is Rifaset a penicillin? : Rifaset is not a penicillin. It is a non-aminoglycoside semi-synthetic, nonsystemic antibiotic derived from rifamycin .|Does Rifaset kill good bacteria? : Rifaset like other antibiotics can alter the normal bacteria in the intestine and this can lead to severe diarrhea.|Does Rifaset work for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)? : Rifaset is not indicated for the treatment of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO). In this condition, there is a presence of lot of bacteria in the small intestine which can cause chronic diarrhea and malabsorption.|Does Rifaset cause orange urine? : Yes, the use of Rifaset may cause a reddish discoloration of the urine. |Does Rifaset affect oral contraceptives (birth control)? : Interactions have not been reported between Rifaset and oral contraceptives (birth control pills). However, interactions may occur. Please consult your doctor before taking the two medicines together.|Does Rifaset work for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)? : Rifaset has not been approved for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Please consult your doctor before using Rifaset for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).|Does Rifaset cause weight gain? : Weight gain has not been reported as an effect of Rifaset. |Does Rifaset cause diarrhea? : Diarrhea is a common side effect of Rifaset. If you have severe diarrhea during or after using Rifaset, you should stop taking Rifaset and contact your doctor immediately.|Does Rifaset kill Helicobacter pylori? : Rifaset has not been reported to kill Helicobacter pylori. |Can paracetamol be taken with Rifaset? : Rifaset can be taken with paracetamol as no interactions have been clinically observed between paracetamol and Rifaset. However, interactions may occur. Please talk to your doctor in case you require to take the two medicines together.|Can I take Rifaset with ibuprofen? : Rifaset can be taken with ibuprofen as no interactions have been clinically observed between the two. However, interactions may occur. Please talk to your doctor in case you require to take the two medicines together.|Does Rifaset cause constipation? : Constipation is a rare side effect of Rifaset. Please consult your doctor in case you experience intolerable constipation.
Rifgem 400mg Tablet
Hetero Drugs Ltd
- Rs 225.00
Dufaximin 400mg Tablet
- Rs 236.50
Rifabet 400mg Tablet
- Rs 237.50