Information about Cilotab 50mg Tablet
Uses / Indications: Cilotab 50mg Tablet is used in the treatment of intermittent claudication. It helps in reducing the symptoms of intermittent claudication like pain, cramping, numbness, or weakness in the legs that occurs on walking.
- Product composition:
- Cilostazol (50mg)
Interactions / Warnings: Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Cilotab 50mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- Take cilostazol tablet 1-2 hours before or after meals. minutes before breakfast and the evening meal. Do not drive or use machinery that required you to be alert because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with cilostazol. Do not take cilostazol, if you have congestive heart failure. Cilostazol can make this condition worse. It may take up to 12 weeks of using cilostazol before your symptoms improve. For best results, keep using the medication as directed. Consult your doctor, if your symptoms do not improve after 4 weeks of treatment.
- Side Effects:
- Headache, Palpitations, Abnormal stool, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Chest pain, Loss of appetite, Bleeding, Rash.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Cilotab 50mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
- How it works:
- Cilotab 50mg Tablet widens the blood vessels and decreases the stickiness of the platelets which increases blood flow to the lower limbs.
- Faq for medicine:
- Is Cilotab useful for treating systemic sclerosis? : Cilotab is used as a maintenance therapy for Raynaud's phenomenon in patients with systemic sclerosis. Raynaud's phenomenon is characterized by spasm of blood vessels of extremities causing pale to blue to red sequence of color changes of fingers mainly after exposure to cold. Cilotab is helpful in this condition because of its vasodilating properties.|Is Cilotab useful for erectile dysfunction? : Cilotab is not used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. It is a vasodilator and inhibits platelet aggregation. It is used to treat peripheral vascular disease.|Can Cilotab be given in patients with underlying renal function? : Use of Cilotab is contraindicated in patients with severe renal disease because its metabolite levels are increased in these patients and can cause harmful effects. It can be used safely in patients with mild to moderate renal disease.|How is Cilotab useful in treating peripheral vascular disease? : Peripheral vascular disease is associated with intermittent claudication which causes pain, cramping, numbness, or weakness in the legs while walking. This occurs due to blockage of arteries and insufficient blood flow to legs. Cilotab increases blood flow and reduces the symptoms of intermittent claudication by widening the arteries and keeping the blood thin (does not allow platelets to stick together and form clots).|Is it advisable to take Cilotab with clarithromycin? : Clarithromycin can increase the level or effect of Cilotab by blocking its breakdown (inhibits metabolism). The dose of Cilotab may need to be adjusted if you have to take clarithromycin or other similar antibiotics like erythromycin along with.|Is Cilotab useful for percutaneous coronary interventions (coronary stenting)? : Cilotab, when used with aspirin and clopidogrel, was found to be superior compared to aspirin and clopidogrel dual combination in preventing coronary artery restenosis or in-stent thrombosis in patients who underwent percutaneous coronary intervention without increasing the risk of bleeding. However, this is not an approved use and these benefits were seen in some clinical studies.|Is Cilotab useful for the prevention of stroke? : Cilotab can prevent new episodes of stroke without increasing the risk of bleeding in patients who once had an episode of ischaemic stroke. It is also seen to be effective for primary prevention of stroke in patients with peripheral artery disease. However, these are not approved uses and the benefits were seen in some clinical studies.|What is the effect of Cilotab on exercise? : Cilotab decreases the muscle pain or cramps that occur during exercise in patients with intermittent claudication. Cilotab can improve exercise capacity as judged by changes in maximal walking distance and pain-free walking distance.|What are the contraindications to the use of Cilotab? : Cilotab is contraindicated in patients with blood, and clotting disorders, heart failure or active pathologic bleeding like bleeding peptic ulcer and intracranial bleeding and known or suspected hypersensitivity to Cilotab or any of its components.|When to stop Cilotab before surgery or regional anesthesia? : Cilotab should be stopped at least five days before surgery if the antiplatelet effect is not needed during the surgery. Due to reversible antiplatelet action and short half-life (11-13 h) of Cilotab, the risk of surgical bleeding is less and regional anesthesia can be safely administered if it is stopped at least 72 h prior to surgery. However, Cilotab should be stopped only after consulting your doctor and the surgeon. |Can I take Cilotab with sildenafil? : Cilotab can be taken with sildenafil. There are no reported drug interactions or harmful effects when Cilotab is taken along with sildenafil.|Why take Cilotab on an empty stomach? : Cilotab is to be taken 30 minutes before breakfast or evening meal as food increases the absorption of Cilotab causing an increased incidence of side-effects.|Can I take Cilotab with warfarin? : Cilotab, when taken with warfarin, can increase the risk of bleeding. So they should be used very cautiously and a regular monitoring by your doctor is advisable to decrease the risk of bleeding.|Is Cilotab useful for varicose veins? : Cilotab is not useful for the management of varicose veins. These are enlarged tortuous veins mainly of the lower limbs. These are treated with compression stockings, sclerotherapy (injecting some substances for closing these veins) or some surgical procedures.|Is it beneficial to take Cilotab with aspirin? : Cilotab, when taken with aspirin, is seen to improve long-term outcomes in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary angioplasty. However, there can be an increased risk of bleeding as both inhibit platelet aggregation and make blood thin. If you are taking Cilotab with aspirin, you should be monitored very closely by your doctor.|What was the role of Cilotab in restenosis trial? : Cilotab for RESTenosis (CREST) clinical trial aimed to evaluate the efficacy of Cilotab in inhibiting restenosis after stent implantation. The results showed a significant reduction in the occurrence of restenosis with the use of Cilotab over the standard therapy after coronary stenting.|Can I take Cilotab with ticagrelor? : Cilotab and ticagrelor, when used together, can increase the effects of each other by inhibiting clotting of blood and increasing the risk of bleeding. Avoid taking them together or you should be monitored very closely by your doctor. |Is Cilotab useful for the treatment of neuropathy? : Animal studies demonstrate the beneficial role of Cilotab for the treatment of neuropathy. However, human studies do not show any beneficial role of Cilotab in treating neuropathy.|Is Cilotab safe? : Cilotab is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor. However, there are some very common side effects that you can experience at therapeutic doses which include a headache, abnormal stool, and diarrhea.|Can I take Cilotab with clopidogrel? : Cilotab, when taken with clopidogrel, is seen to improve long-term outcomes in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary angioplasty. However, there can be an increased risk of bleeding as both inhibit platelet aggregation and make blood thin. If you are taking Cilotab with clopidogrel, you should be monitored very closely by your doctor.|How is Cilotab useful in arterial hypertension? : Cilotab is not useful for arterial hypertension. It is used in the management of intermittent claudication associated with peripheral artery disease.|When should I stop taking Cilotab? : Do not stop Cilotab unless advised by your doctor. Continue to take Cilotab even if you feel better. Stop taking Cilotab only if you experience easy bruising, bleeding, fever or a sore throat and immediately inform your doctor. |Can I take Cilotab with omeprazole? : Omeprazole can increase the level or effect of Cilotab by blocking its breakdown (inhibits metabolism). Avoid using them together. An alternative medicine should be preferred.|Can I use Cilotab with atorvastatin? : Cilotab can be taken with atorvastatin. No harmful effects or drug interactions have been seen or reported when Cilotab is taken along with atorvastatin. |Is Cilotab useful for aspirin allergy? : Cilotab can be used in place of aspirin in patients who have an allergy to a spirin.|Is it advisable to take Cilotab with acenocoumarol? : Cilotab, when taken with acenocoumarol, can increase the risk of bleeding. So they should be used very cautiously and a regular monitoring by your doctor is advisable to decrease the risk of bleeding.|Is Cilotab useful for the treatment of venous insufficiency? : There is no evidence at present which recommends the use of Cilotab in the routine therapy of venous insufficiency.|Is Cilotab useful in treating diabetes? : Cilotab is not useful in lowering the blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes. However, as seen in some clinical studies, it may help in relieving the symptoms of intermittent claudication (pain, cramping, numbness, or weakness in the legs on walking) seen in some patients with diabetes.|Why is Cilotab contraindicated in heart failure? : Cilotab can increase the patient's heart rate, affect the heart rhythm and there is clinical evidence that it can increase mortality in patients with heart failure. So, Cilotab is contraindicated in these patients.|Is Cilotab an anticoagulant? : Cilotab is not an anticoagulant. It is a vasodilator with an anti-platelet aggregatory effect. It works by preventing platelets (blood cells) from sticking together and widens the blood vessels of the legs. This increases the blood flow in the peripheries.|Is Cilotab a statin? : No, Cilotab is not a statin. It is a vasodilator and inhibits platelet aggregation, and is useful in the treatment of peripheral vascular disease.|Is Cilotab a blood thinner? : No, Cilotab is not a blood thinner. It is a vasodilator and inhibits platelet aggregation, and is useful in the treatment of peripheral vascular disease.|Is Cilotab a beta blocker? : No, Cilotab is not a beta blocker. It is a vasodilator and inhibits platelet aggregation, and is useful in the treatment of peripheral vascular disease.|Is Cilotab a better choice for the treatment of intermittent claudication compared to pentoxifylline? : Cilotab is seen to be much better than pentoxifylline for increasing walking distances in patients with intermittent claudication but is associated with increased rates of side effects like a headache, palpitations, and diarrhea. |Is Cilotab a controlled substance? : Cilotab is not a controlled substance. It's a prescription medicine and is available on providing a valid prescription by a doctor.|Is Cilotab a narcotic substance? : No, Cilotab is not a narcotic substance. It's a prescription medicine and is available on providing a valid prescription by a doctor.|Is Cilotab an anticonception medicine? : No, Cilotab is not an anticonception medicine. It is a vasodilator and inhibits platelet aggregation. It is used to treat peripheral vascular disease.|Is Cilotab an antibiotic? : No, Cilotab is not an antibiotic. It is a vasodilator and inhibits platelet aggregation. It is used to treat peripheral vascular disease.
- Medicine interaction:
- Cilotab with Lansoprazole|Cilotab with Pantoprazole|Cilotab with Dexrabeprazole|Cilotab with Rabeprazole|Cilotab with Voriconazole|Cilotab with Omeprazole|Cilotab with Fluconazole|Cilotab with Ketoconazole|Cilotab with Ilaprazole|Cilotab with Esomeprazole|Cilotab with Itraconazole|Cilotab with Terbinafine|Cilotab with Revaprazan|Cilotab with Azithromycin|Cilotab with Warfarin|Cilotab with Roxithromycin|Cilotab with Rosuvastatin|Cilotab with Atorvastatin|Cilotab with Spiramycin|Cilotab with Lovastatin|Cilotab with Nifedipine|Cilotab with Simvastatin|Cilotab with Pitavastatin|Cilotab with Verapamil|Cilotab with Erythromycin|Cilotab with Clarithromycin|Cilotab with Roxatidine
Cilobid 50mg Tablet
- Rs 69.00
Zilast 50mg Tablet
Ipca Laboratories Ltd
- Rs 100.00
Pletoz 50mg Tablet
- Rs 101.50
Cilodoc 50mg Tablet
- Rs 113.80