Information about Elsartan 50mg Tablet
Uses / Indications: Elsartan 50mg Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. Decreasing high blood pressure lowers the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Product composition:
- Losartan (50mg)
Interactions / Warnings: Taking Losartan with alcohol may excessively lower the blood pressure.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Elsartan 50mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- Elsartan can be taken with or without food but preferably be taken at the same time of the day. It is best to take the first dose before bed to reduce symptomatic hypotension. Elsartan may cause the level of potassium in blood to go up. Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli. Inform your doctor immediately if you have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing. Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Side Effects:
- Dizziness, Back pain, Sinus inflammation, Increased potassium level in blood.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Elsartan 50mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- How it works:
- Elsartan 50mg Tablet is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels, allowing the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently.
- Faq for medicine:
- Is Elsartan a blood thinner? : No, Elsartan is from a class of medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It works by blocking the action of certain natural substances that tighten the blood vessels, allowing the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently|Is Elsartan safe? : Elsartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor|Is losartan the same as losartan potassium? : Yes. Losartan is available in the market as losartan potassium. So, the salt form of losartan contains potassium, however, check the bottle before use|Is Elsartan generic? : Yes, it is the generic drug|Is losartan a water pill? : No, it belongs to a class of medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists|Is Elsartan gluten free? : Yes. Elsartan is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use|Does losartan contain potassium? : Losartan is available in the market as losartan potassium. So, the salt form of losartan contains potassium, however, check the bottle before use|Can I take losartan with Benadryl/atenolol/Xanax/Viagra/Nyquil/metoprolol? : Atenolol, metoprolol and Xanax may lower blood pressure when taken along with losartan. No clinically observed drug interaction is observed with Viagra, Nyquil, and alcohol. Please follow doctor’s advice regarding its use|Does Elsartan cause constipation/infrequent urination/ drowsiness/ headache/ itching/ cough/ lower heart rate? : Elsartan causes headache, drowsiness. Constipation, infrequent urination, itching, cough and low heart rate are not reported. Patient should fallow doctor’s advice regarding the possible side effects.
- Medicine interaction:
- Elsartan with Nadroparin|Elsartan with Ardeparin|Elsartan with Dalteparin|Elsartan with Bemiparin|Elsartan with Enoxaparin|Elsartan with Triamterene|Elsartan with Tacrolimus|Elsartan with Lithium|Elsartan with Eplerenone|Elsartan with Reviparin|Elsartan with Cyclosporine|Elsartan with Parnaparin|Elsartan with Tinzaparin|Elsartan with Heparin|Elsartan with Spironolactone|Elsartan with Rifampicin|Elsartan with Terazosin|Elsartan with Chlorthalidone|Elsartan with Torasemide|Elsartan with Digoxin|Elsartan with Naftopidil|Elsartan with Indapamide|Elsartan with Phenoxybenzamine|Elsartan with Furosemide|Elsartan with Doxazosin|Elsartan with Nimesulide|Elsartan with Metamizole / Dipyrone|Elsartan with Recombinant Human Erythropoietin Alfa / Epoetin Alfa|Elsartan with Metolazone|Elsartan with Aspirin|Elsartan with Prazosin|Elsartan with Oxyphenbutazone|Elsartan with Alfuzosin
Dilosar H Tablet
Theo Pharma Pvt Ltd
- Rs 19.25